Monday, October 15, 2012

Surfing in 60 degree weather?!

Hey guys!
I had SUCH a fun weekend! Some friends and I went canal surfing and shooting.

There's a canal in the Logan River on the island where you attach a rope and hold onto it while surfing with a skim board. I was super hesitant at first because I didn't want to fall into the freezing water! I've snowboarded and wakeboarded before but those boards are attached to your feet so I was a little skeptical about a skim board. I was a little wobbly at first but as soon as I got the hang of it, I was smooth ridin'! I was so relieved I didn't end up floating
down the freezing river.
My friend Caleb and I just surfin' it 


















The sound of the shot was the scariest part
I shot my first shot gun too! I was super hesitant about this one because the only thought I had in my head was, "you'll shoot your eye out!" from A Christmas Story. I was terrified of the gun cocking back and hitting my shoulder but it ended up being so fun! It still cocked back and shoved me back so my form wasn't the best but who cares! It was my first time, and I felt like such a rebel :) Here's a video of it, you'll see how happy I was at the end when I hit the board! It was super rewarding.





  
AND! On top of all that, Utah State beat San Jose by a landslide, with 13 sacks! We came into the game with about 12 sacks I think and from that one game we doubled it. How crazy! I love USU!

Go aggies!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment